Thursday, May 15, 2008

Valentina Hasan - Ken Lee

Have been receiving quite a number of emails labelled as funny/lol/hilarious regarding this "Ken Lee" song which was sung by Valentina Hasan ( original artist is Mariah Carey ) in the Bulgarian Idol Show.

Initially I was also caught by the moment and snickered...well, laugh out loud la, if you must know but after listening to it a few times my thoughts started to change...its not funny at all...

Bloody hell!!! what the fuck am I laughing at her for? what right do I have to think that I am better than her? Fuck!!

the freaking minimal least is that she dares to sing on an Idol Show... ( not easy with the panel of arsehole judges )

At least she tried her best to sing what she understands of the song...I mean, have any of you guys/gals tried your fucking best to memorize a song from languages that you don't understand? ( try tamil, greek, thai,etc for instance..u would go lubitubi tout shoo as well )

She should be applauded for her courage instead of being laughed at....

Shit! try congratulating her in her native language and I'll bet that Valentina will roll over laughing BUT I doubt she is as cruel as that...

The commentators in the improved version said it the best:

" Ladies and Gentlemen, let's welcome the lady who listens to music with her heart"

This proves that music has no barriers...a universal language...Btw, how many of us have the freaking courage to do what she did? I for one, am not in the same league as Valentina Hasan....she is a better human being than I will ever be.

I wish her well from the bottom of my heart...May All Your Dreams Come True.

2 every1 his/her OWN..............

2 comments:

Marsha Maung said...

my dear cousin, when I first started singing professionally WWWWAAYYYYY back in 1997, I was required to sing some songs in mandarin and cantonese.

There was this song that I particularly liked, spent every waking second memorizing and trying to emotional-ize the song.

it was a duet.

Then me and the girl performed it and some bagero customer asked me when I went down to 'yam seng' with them, "Eh, just now you sing keling song ah?"

Blardie nincompoop, make me blardie mad. I try really hard, ok? I talk cantonese, you know and still my pronunciation is off. Imagine lah, this woman don't even know what the hell she's singing about.

Pity her....

Jamie said...

I know what u mean...KNN, I like to sing too and there are lots of mandarin/cantonese songs that I like BUT try as I may, I cannot bring myself to sing it out loud at karaokes....

thats why I mantain my stand that courageous people like Valentina (and Marsha ) should be applauded and not laughed at...

I dare anyone who dispute what was said to prove it to me otherwise.