Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 ATX 116 PRO DX

Been itching to get the Tokina 11-16mm ultra wide angle lense for quite some time now....arrrg! The beauty cost just around the region of RM2k +/-.......

So what is stopping me you ask? errrrr...my Wifey loh...its not that she is against my hobby or anything loh...please believe me when I say that my Wifey is 110% supportive...I predict her negative reaction will be basically due to the fact that I've just spent about RM1.5k on a 24-70mm f2.8 lense a few weeks back..ooops..

AND

not to mention the RM450 that I spent on a Lowepro Fastpack 350 ( another one ) because my old Fastpack 350 got sent back to USA for warranty claim ( one to one exchange ) and won't be back for another 45 days. Dunno, what will I do with an additional Fastpack, maybe I will try to push it to my cousin, Bernie ( how bro? u want it or not? cheap cheap, can installment, 0 interest )

ANYWAY

buying another lense now will surely cause me some deafness in both ears.....you can take my word to the bank on this...kekekeke

Neways, below are some picture of the beauty that I am talking about ( or you can click the link above ):




Click here for SAMPLE OF PICTURES captured with the 11-16mm....aiiiyooooooooo so beautiful I tell youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ( Wifey, hope u r listening to my deplorable suspiration..hehehehe )

Haihs...its 2 every1 his/her OWN.............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bro you gotta get a wide angle man. The 11-16 f2.8 is good. If you want cheap (stop-gap lens maybe?) then consider the older model - 12-24 f4 by Tokina.

Personally, I'm using the 10-20 Sigma because it's the widest I can go without fisheye on a DX sensor. Brought the lens to Bali and the recent trip to Sabah. Post a bit to flickr and facebook already so take a look.

I remember you asking about where it's nice to take photos. Well, we went to Kudat (tip of borneo) and also Kundasang (highlands with good shot of mount kinabalu). Of course, Kota Kinabalu itself is a good place to shoot, especially the mosque, the port, the market and the people there. Try to go out in the evening and night.

Jamie said...

aiyooooo..so many places and I only have 1 single day..will try my best to visit some of the places that you've mentioned

Well, have to do some calculating first before I get the lense bro...nanti budget lari, isteri marah and wa kena tendang keluar rumah woooooooo

11mm-16mm after factor of 1.6 is about 17.6mm-25.6mm which is wide enuff for me lar. I like the stop on this baby..kekekeke..a 2.8 will give me some added advantage in low light conditions lor.

I took some pics from my hotel room at night with my 24mm-70mm f2.8....results were ok considering it was handheld. Will post the pics on Flickr and Facebook after I download them from my cam.

Btw, did I tell you that I am not a fan of Fisheye lenses or pics..they make me kinda dizzy...weird looking like hell but it 2 every1 his/her OWN.