Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What A Feeeling

For me, nothing beats the taste of cold beer flowing down ones throat towards the end of a long and tiring day…….aaaahhhh!

My favourite watering hole is a place in D.U. where I normally meet up with my bros to have a few rounds of beers and play some pool ( twice weekly ). Nice music, great hostesses ( no hanky panky mind you ) and fairly priced drinks are the reason why we hang out there. I would really like to post the name of the place but I can’t…not because I am afraid that you guys will find me there ( come by all means ) but its for a greater reason ( call me and I will tell you ). I sometimes take my clients there for a few rounds and I am happy to say that they like the place very much. Its one of the very few places that people of “the cannot drink” races are free to drink freely and safely…get what I mean?....hehehehehe.

Wifey doesn’t follow me to my watering hole. She will instead drop me off and scoot home to be with the kids. I will then hitch a ride back after when I am done…..done as in finished for the night and not done as in mabuk. Apart from beer, we enjoy drinking mix as well ( beer and stout ) but only if the particular day has been extra screwed up.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am not using “drink” as an excuse to face work pressure. I am just saying that it’s a good way to hang out, talk c*ck, joke and rib each other after a shitty day facing your boss, client or work. With that said, I would like to further add that I am by far not an alcoholic but I can hold my own quite well…kekeke

I hope come end of this project, me and my colleagues can have chance to have to get together for a couple of cold ones before we demobilize and part ways.

Again let me say that nothing…I mean nothing, beats the feeling of pouring down the first glass ala bottoms up…all the more reason to do so after a crappy work day facing the SHIT dished out by your clients/boss/superiors.

2 every1 his/her OWN………………..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think men think very differently from women. Well, most men.

My hubby and I come home and tell each other about work, ie if there is anything to express. :)

If we ladies go out for the night, it is normally with intention to have fun (not that kind of fun) but to enjoy each other's company, joke and not talk shop.

So, in my opinion, meeting at the drinking hole to talk shop is just an excuse. :P Ok, Jamie, hit me on the head! :))

Jamie said...

Judy, I make it a point to talk to my wife everyday before konking..the conversation can be about work or kids or just some light banter.

I don't know about others but I am 100% sure that going to the watering hole to meet with friends and talk nonsense is not an excuse to drink...for me but everyone has their one ways to let off steam and stay sane...

Hence 2 every1 his/her OWN..

Anonymous said...

for this one, i would have to agree with my cousin, judy. it DOES feel good to unwind after a hard day's work. not that it should replace chatting with family and stuff but it's for YOURSELF, you know. just let loose.

at this age, we're no longer the get-pissed kind anymore (well, occassional relapses should be forgiven) but it's more the let-loose-and-forget-you-got-probs-for-a-few-hours kind.

refer to my post on this. http://trulymarsha.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/why-wine/

Jamie said...

Hear ye, Hear ye, Hear ye dear cuz..

Yaaaaam Seeeeeng!!!! hic hic burp burp!